Visual Basic 6 (VB6)
was one of the easiest programming languages to learn back in the day. It was
released in 1998 and is now replaced by Visual Basic .NET (VB.NET).
Step1: Installing the programming language
1. Turn off User Account Control (UAC).
Insert Visual Studio 6
CD or download the vb6 program from this link http://getintopc.com/softwares/development/visual-studio-6-0-enterprise-edition-free-download/.
3. Wait for Auto run or run the .exe setup file to begin.
On this and other
Program Compatibility Assistant warnings, click Run Program.
6. If a pin or id is required before proceeding then type zero (0)
or (1) to the end.
Click "I accept
agreement", then Next.
Enter name and company
information, click next.
Select Custom Setup,
Click Continue, and
Setup will "think
to itself" for about 2 minutes. Processing can be verified by starting
Task Manager, and checking the CPU usage of ACMSETUP.EXE.
the options list, select the following:
Microsoft Visual Basic
e. All other options should be unchecked.
f. Click Continue, setup will continue.
Finally, a successful
completion dialog will appear, at which click Ok. At this point, Visual Basic 6
If you do not have the
MSDN CD, clear the checkbox on the next dialog, and click next. You'll be
warned of the lack of MSDN, but just click Yes to accept.
Click Next to skip the
installation of Install shield. This is a really old version you don't want
Click next again to
skip the installation of BackOffice, VSS, and SNA Server. Not needed!
On the next dialog,
clear the checkbox for "Register Now", and click Finish.
The wizard will exit,
and you're done. You can find VB6 under Start, All Programs, and Microsoft Visual
Studio 6. Enjoy!
On UAC again
Step 2: Running vb6.0 files.
1. Extract the zip file you downloaded.
2. Double click on the extracted folder.
3. Double click on the project name file with extension (.vbp –
Visual Basic Project).
4. If you encounter any error, bypass them clicking OK and
Continue. The program file has not been used since then.
5. Click on the Start button of the vb6.0 program to run the
6. That is all.