ECONOMICS OF OIL PALM SEEDLING PRODUCTION
1,929 marked this research material reliable.
Call or whatsapp: +2347063298784 or email: email@example.com
Excellent and professional research project topics and materials website. All the research tools, journals, seminars, essays, article, books, term papers, softwares and project materials for your research guide and final year projects are available here.
Type: Project Materials | Format: Ms Word | Attribute: Documentation Only | Pages: 50 Pages | Chapters: 1-5 chapters | Price: ₦ 3,000.00
This project work has assessed the palm oil production and its economic importance in Edo State using NIFOR as a case study. The oil palm is one cash crops of this country which has greatly contributed to the economic development of Nigeria. The methods use for collecting data from their workers were questionnaire and oral interview. From the study most of oil palm grow wild in the oil palm grows and have been exploited as such. Increase in demand for oil palm necessitated the improvement of the crop, the method of cultivation and ways of tapping its vast potential. Based on these findings from the study the following recommendations were made; (1) Government should provide financial support to the production of oil palm to enhance the production of oil palm products. (2) Government should provide good roads and communication system to enhance the production of oil palm.
TABLE OF CONTENT
Background to the Study
Statement of problem
Objective of the study
Significant of the study
Scope of the study
Design of study
Area of study
Population of the study
Sample and samplings techniques
Administration of research instrument
Method of data Analysis
Implication of findings
1.1BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
The oil palm belong to the palmae family and sub-family oooideae which also include coconut the genus was founded by Jacquin in 1963 on oil palm introduction originated in tropical West Africa which was given the name Elaeis guineasesis. It is a monocotyledonous plant that sometimes grows to a height of about 15 meter. It has an unbranohed habit and produces a single truck which bears a crown of forns. The crown may consist of between 25 and 40 large plant fronds being a monoecious plant. The male and female inferesences (flowers) are borne at the axile of the fornds. These are produced in alternating cycles, the female infloresooence given rise to the palm bunch bearing the fruits the palm fruit. It is a drupe and consist of leathery exocarp, fleshy mesocarp from which palm is extracted and a stoney endocarp which enclases the kernel.
Oil palm (Elaecis guineansis) can be characterized according to its feature. It can be recognized on the basis of the fruits. Characteristics mainly by its shell thickness the form are as follows Dura, Pisifera, and Tenera.
- The Dura Palm: This has a thick shell with a thin pericarp and a large kernel. When processed, it gives a relatively low quantity of oil.
- The Teneral Palm: This has a fairly thick pericarp (up to 60% of the fruit weight) a small kernel and thin shell.
- The Pisifera palm: This has fruit without shell and a tiny kernel surrounded with fibres. Many of this variety or form of oil palm are sterile.
1.2STATEMENT OF PROBLEM
Edo State is one of the major producing areas in Nigeria. Recently some other ones have sprung up and Edo State is noted as the largest producers of palm oil and palm kernels in Nigeria. It is therefore, the concern of this study to identify the reasons or the problems responsible for the falling level of oil palm production in the areas of study and also to render useful suggestions and solutions.
In order to achieve the purpose of the study, the following research questions were formulated and found useful to guide the investigation.
- Does inadequate storage facilities result in low cultivation of oil palm in Nigeria?
- Does inadequate processing facilities result in the low cultivation of oil palm in Nigeria, particular in NIFOR in Edo State?
- Has the attack by diseases and pests lead to the decline in oil palm production?
- Has inadequate labour lead to the low cultivation of oil palm by farmers?
- Did inadequate land space result in the low productivity of oil palm production by oil palm farmers?
- Will insufficient and inade4qaute capital or finance lead to the decline in the growing and production of oil palm by farmers in Edo State?
- Does insufficient and inadequate orientation or advise and information from extension workers or agents lead to poor productivity in oil palm production?
1.4OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
The objective of the study are;
- To find out, identify and examine the problems of oil palm production in Edo State.
- To find out solutions to some of those problems.
- To make recommendations for improved or better oil palm production in Edo State.
- To identify the reasons for the problems and the factors responsible for the falling level of oil palm production in the areas of study.
- To carry out recent research findings that will help the researcher in finding solutions to the problems and how it will be of benefit to the researcher, the world at large and to contribute to already existing knowledge, and research.
1.5SCOPE OF THE STUDY
This study is focused on the oil palm production problems and the prospects in Edo State of Nigeria, and specifically the Nigerian Institute for Oil Palm Research (NIFOR) in Benin City of Edo State for the purpose of the research. Oil palm production will be among small scale farms and will be used as a case study. In the light of the above, information gathering will be limited to communities in NIFOR at Ovia North East Local Government Area of Edo State.
1.6SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The importance of oil palm production to the society cannot be overemphasized. Therefore, this research work is designed to find out the problems facing the improvement of oil palm production, problems and prospects in NIFOR (Edo State).
- DEFINITION OF TERMS
Plantation: Area planted with trees or cultivated plants.
Production: To bring into existence and to manufacture something.
Prospect: What one is to expect or chance of advancement
Processing: A series of operations that is used in making something, or the procedures of series or changes.
Problem: Something difficult to deal with or understand to be solved or death with.
ECONOMICS OF OIL PALM SEEDLING PRODUCTION
- The Project Material is available for download.
- The Research material is delivered within 15-30 Minutes.
- The Material is complete from Preliminary Pages to References.
- Well Researched and Approved for supervision.
- Click the download button below to get the complete project material.
Frequently Asked Questions
In-order to give you the best service available online, we have compiled frequently asked questions (FAQ) from our clients so as to answer them and make your visit much more interesting.
We are proudly Nigerians, and we are well aware of fraudulent activities that has been ongoing in the internet. To make it well known to our customers, we are geniune and duely registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission of the republic of Nigeria. Remember, Fraudulent sites can NEVER post bank accounts or contact address which contains personal information. Free chapter One is always given on the site to prove to you that we have the material. If you are unable to view the free chapter 1 send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
with the subject head "FREE CHAPTER 1' plus the topic. You will get a free chapter 1 within an hour. You can also check out what our happy clients
have to say.
Students are always advised to use our materials as guide. However, if you have a different case study, you may need to consult one of our professional writers to help you with that. Depending on similarity of the organization/industry you may modify if you wish.
We have professional writers in various disciplines. If you have a fresh topic, just click Hire a Writer or click here
to fill the form and one of our writers will contact you shortly.
Yes it is a complete research project. We ensure that our client receives complete project materials which includes chapters 1-5, full references, questionnaires/secondary data, etc.
Depending on how fast your request is acknowledged by us, you will get the complete project material withing 15-30 minutes. However, on a very good day you can still get it within 5 minutes!
What Clients Say
Our Researchers are happy, see what they are saying. Share your own experience with the world.
Be polite and honest, as we seek to expand our business and reach more people. Thank you.
All Project Materials is a website I recommend to all student and researchers within and outside the country. The web owners are doing great job and I appreciate them for that. Once again welldone.
Thank you for everything you have done so far; my communication with you, both by e-mail and whatsapp, has been the only positive point about the whole experience - you have been reliable and courteous in my research work and I sincerely appreciate that.
I have been using you people for some time and I can say that you are good because you give me what I want, you don't disappoint. You guys to keep to the standard. You are highly recommended to serve more Researchers.
I love all project materials / researchcub.
There are good and wonderful. Nice Work!
People also search for:
economics of oil palm seedling production , economics, palm, seedling project topics, researchcub.info, project topic, list of project topics, project topics and materials, research project topics, covid-19 project materials, all project topics, journals, books, Academic writer, agricultural extension project topics.