DESIGN AND CONSTRUCTION OF BAKING OVEN
2,103 marked this research material reliable.
Call or whatsapp: +2347063298784 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Excellent and professional research project topics and materials website. All the research tools, journals, seminars, essays, article, books, term papers, softwares and project materials for your research guide and final year projects are available here.
Type: Project Materials | Format: Ms Word | Attribute: Documentation Only | Pages: 48 Pages | Chapters: 1-5 chapters | Price: ₦ 3,000.00
A baking oven is a thermally insulated chamber used for the
heating, baking or drying of a substance and most commonly used for
This project is as a result of increasing interest.
Essentially, the idea, as demonstrated in an existing design, arises in
the project students a feeling of motivation, and hence the search for
a way to bring it to reality in a simple, yet intelligent design, like
this. This project is designed to make the students utilize as many
theoretical and practical concept as have been instructed in Alston to
mechanical engineering workshop technology. Students are expected to
learn and apply concepts, principles about energy specially the
conversions of electrical energy to thermal energy, conduction and
conventional heat transfer etc.
Also the determination of the properties of various ferrous
and non-ferrous materials, electrical installation occults. The
application of engineering measurement and quality control.
Also to build an intellectual ability in interpretation of
working drawing in designing and development before and after working
process. Students will get an opportunity to appreciate safety, and
the use of both machine and hand tools in the course of working.
THEORETICAL BACKGROUND OF PROJECT
1.1 HEATING EFFECT
Electrical cooker is an appliance that works basically by the
heating effect of electric current on conductors. Sometime, this
heating effect is an inevitable waste of power for instance, in
transmission of electricity on power lines in which the voltages at the
terminals is evolved due to the heating of electric current.
However, the heat produced by the flow of electricity is
utilized by many or equipments used at home and industries some of the
practical applications of the concept are found in electric cooker,
electric oven, and electric space heater inexhaustible.
Heat which is a form of energy is transferred across a
boundary of a system and given to another system or surrounding at a
lower temperature by virtue of temperature difference between them. The
heat is only identified across the system boundary (Welty et at,
1976). Heat is of great importance to man on earth for their daily
needs. It is with that electricity is generated, food is cooked and
houses are warmed.
Heat, by which electric oven operates on is generated by
electricity of which materials used for the construction must have
thermal capabilities and suitability to serve as heating element.
1.2 AIM AND OBJECTIVES OF THE PROJECT
In food research, temperature is one of the variables that
must be controlled at all times; household baking ovens are often used
for this purpose. The aim of this study is to construct a baking oven
used in baking. At the end of this project, student will be able to:
(1) Compare the various ways used in the production of an electric baking oven.
(2) Disclose the process in the manufacturing of an baking oven
(3) Exploit the local facilities available in the construction of the oven as against imported ovens.
(5) know the convenience in the use of alternate power source for operation of ovens.
(6) Discover the basic principle involved in the design and maintenance of a baking oven.
1.3 PROBLEM STATEMENT
Specifically, this design seeks for a source of energy that
is relatively cheap and available, and therefore has an edge over other
stoves and ovens using kerosine and gas as sources of energy. It also
aims at making domestic cookers and ovens safe enough as against
highly flammable liquid or gas fuel.
Many Nigerians today are faced with the problem of petroleum
fuel scarcity and as per cooking and drying which is not often easy to
get fire wood from forests that are often far away especially from the
big cities. Equally too, the few available fuels are of substandard
quality with the attendant danger of fire outbreak.
In addition above, fuel consuming cookers and ovens have two
outstanding deficiencies, namely; sooty pre-heating and problem of
dogged nozzles which lead to offensive discouraging and dirty burning.
Above all, deforestation as a result of fire wood
consumption is causing great deal of environmental problems in most
regions of Africa. In this modern world and its various invented means
of cooking, it largely seems as if non has quite addressed this area
by providing an alternative means of cooking and drying.
In a close observation, large scale cooking and
drying as an drying of meat and fish sellers, commercial corn roasters,
food sellers and “suya” sellers, etc, need efficient heating system.
The absence of short drying period and hygienic process of preserving
our loide and sea foods is another issue, which has led to fast
spoiling and give an electrical stove with an oven apartment to
sufficiently address these problems.
1.4 PURPOSE OR OBJECTIVE OF THIS PROJECT
This study is to devise a means of producing or
cooking food with three apartment to address the following:
(1) The problem of sooty pare-heating as observed in vaporizing cookers.
(2) Economically, this equipment is designed for cost reduction and easy to maintain.
(2) To reduce the effect of kerosine scarcity prevailing in our present days.
(3) To meet up with inadequate availability of fire wood through deforestation.
1.5 SIGNIFICANCE OF PROJECT
This project work is intended to serve as a catalogue and
manual for the construction, installation, maintenance and repair of
different possible faults in baking oven, it is also of a great benefit
to the department and society as it will serve as medium of knowing
the principle of operating the model work. It serve as an alternative
means for cooking instead of using the gas oven, and the firewood.
1.6 SCOPE OF THE PROJECT
There is no upper limit to the temperature obtained except the ability of the material to with stand heat.
1.7 DELIMITATION OF THE PROJECT
1. There is freedom of location and general adaptability.
2. It entails good cooking condition, cleanliness, quietness and ambient temperature.
3. Uniform of temperature within narrow limit.
4. Capital cost, running and maintenance cost of electric oven are low.
5. There are no deposits of ash carbon dirt in an electric oven.
1.8 LIMITATIONS OF THE PROJECT
Disadvantages in the use of baking ovens:
- Cleaning and repair is a difficult and time- consuming endeavor.
- Expect for mass production singular construction is relatively expensive to produce.
- If precautions are not well carried out, it can result in fire hazard, which is dangerous to life and properties.
- Because baking ovens provides heat for one or more areas, the temperature may vary in different areas of the baking oven.
- Oils and moisture collected on metal surface can end up trying to rust the metal coating if not clean regularly.
- It is expensive to operate in high volume operations.
- Speed seem to be the key factor and time taken to get to required constant temperature can be wastage of time.
- Access to internal component n case of adjustment and maintenance is tasking as it requires an entire disassembling.
- In case of mechanical faults resulting from shut down, an entire disassembling and requires is required.
- Due to its function by heating, there is always a premature wear or mechanical failure of some of the internal component.
- It cannot be used where there is no electricity, since it make use of electrical energy.
1.9 IMPORTANCE OF BAKING OVENS
In actual analytical enunciation an oven is an enclosed
chamber in which things are heated or cooked with various sources of
Its importance borders around its function, which are as follows;
- (i) It is used to meet the everyday basic need of
cooking, (baking, toasting, gritting, toasting) of food materials for
- (ii) Ovens are used for heat treatment of substance in laboratories and industries.
- (iii) Also as a means of preservation by heat application to perishable materials (organic and inorganic) in general.
- (iv) Sterilization of instruments and equipment for industrial use is done by heat application using oven.
- (v) Expelling of moisture content to a required measure in some substance is also done using oven.
- (vi) Early manufactured ovens where used as a source of room heaters during cold weathers in cold climates.
- Other importance boarding around its energy source is
that the use an alternative source of energy when either fossil fuel or
electricity is not available. This can be relatively save cost when
1.10 DEFINITION OF TERMS
THERMOSTAT: This is an electrical device
design to heat up bend and open the circuit when excessive current
flows and close the circuit when the heat reduces. It can also be
defined as an automatic regulator that control the amount of current
that heat up the circuit.
HEATING ELEMENT: This is a conductor material
that is designed to heat up when connected to current flow. It
converts electric energy into heat energy.
OUTLET PLUG: This is an electrical device
design with two or three metal pins that fit into holes in a socket to
make an electrical connection.
SWITCH: This is a device used to connect or break the flow of electric current in a circuit.
INDICATOR (LAMP): This is a device which glows like a bulb indicating the working status of a connection.
CABLE: A cable is a material or conductor use in conveying electric current from one point to another.
DESIGN AND CONSTRUCTION OF BAKING OVEN
- The Project Material is available for download.
- The Research material is delivered within 15-30 Minutes.
- The Material is complete from Preliminary Pages to References.
- Well Researched and Approved for supervision.
- Click the download button below to get the complete project material.
Frequently Asked Questions
In-order to give you the best service available online, we have compiled frequently asked questions (FAQ) from our clients so as to answer them and make your visit much more interesting.
We are proudly Nigerians, and we are well aware of fraudulent activities that has been ongoing in the internet. To make it well known to our customers, we are geniune and duely registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission of the republic of Nigeria. Remember, Fraudulent sites can NEVER post bank accounts or contact address which contains personal information. Free chapter One is always given on the site to prove to you that we have the material. If you are unable to view the free chapter 1 send an email to email@example.com
with the subject head "FREE CHAPTER 1' plus the topic. You will get a free chapter 1 within an hour. You can also check out what our happy clients
have to say.
Students are always advised to use our materials as guide. However, if you have a different case study, you may need to consult one of our professional writers to help you with that. Depending on similarity of the organization/industry you may modify if you wish.
We have professional writers in various disciplines. If you have a fresh topic, just click Hire a Writer or click here
to fill the form and one of our writers will contact you shortly.
Yes it is a complete research project. We ensure that our client receives complete project materials which includes chapters 1-5, full references, questionnaires/secondary data, etc.
Depending on how fast your request is acknowledged by us, you will get the complete project material withing 15-30 minutes. However, on a very good day you can still get it within 5 minutes!
What Clients Say
Our Researchers are happy, see what they are saying. Share your own experience with the world.
Be polite and honest, as we seek to expand our business and reach more people. Thank you.
All Project Materials is a website I recommend to all student and researchers within and outside the country. The web owners are doing great job and I appreciate them for that. Once again welldone.
Thank you for everything you have done so far; my communication with you, both by e-mail and whatsapp, has been the only positive point about the whole experience - you have been reliable and courteous in my research work and I sincerely appreciate that.
I have been using you people for some time and I can say that you are good because you give me what I want, you don't disappoint. You guys to keep to the standard. You are highly recommended to serve more Researchers.
I love all project materials / researchcub.
There are good and wonderful. Nice Work!
People also search for:
design and construction of baking oven, design, construction, baking project topics, researchcub.info, project topic, list of project topics, project topics and materials, research project topics, covid-19 project materials, all project topics, journals, books, Academic writer, mechanical engineering project topics.