Interlocking brick design is the definition of beauty and class
for driveways, patios, decks, and paths Interlocking bricks and
screeding construction can be divided into four ways
1. Casting of paving stones
2. Installation of interlocking brick in the car parts
1. Casting of interlocking blocks: This deal with casting of
interlocking bricks in the mix of cement with all in all aggregate of
1:8 respectively using casting plastics and oil for robbing the
2. Installation of interlocking bricks in to the car park: The
interlocking bricks will be installed by performing the following
(a) Planning of installation (b) Excavation
(c) Preparing the base (d) brick hold placement
(e) Sand bed (f) Pavers placement
(g) Cutting the pavers (h) Completing the edging
(i) Finishing the step
3. Screeding is the application of concrete on the surface floor
and usually in mix of 4:1 sand and cement respectively.
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Interlocking brick as a paver can be defined as environment
design. Before interlocking brick can be install as a paver a wide
experience of these courses must have been acquired, he or she must
understand the basic knowledge that rule up interlocking brick design
- Geology of soil mechanics
- Engineering and technical drawing
(iii) Construction material
(iv) Research methodology
(v) Science and properties of materials
All the above listed courses are referred to as the principle of
background of the study before embarking on any construction project on
construction of interlocking bricks
1.2 HISTORICAL BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Over 2000 years ago, the Roman tightly stones together over an
aggregate base to form roads to perfectly fitted that many are still
use today. The concept is behind the intervention of the concrete
interlocking pavers. Developed in Europe after World war to replace the
clay brick that was used to build roads, concrete stones of irregular
size that fit tightly together are now a popular choice for patios and
1.3 AIMS AND OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
The aims and objective of the research areas follows:
(i) To know how to install an interlocking brick an its Casting.
(ii) To have a wide knowledge about floor screeding.
(iii) To have a perfect experience in concrete mixing
(iv) To know much more about environmental design
(v) To use the front of faculty of Engineering as a research centre
1.4 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
1. What are paving stones?
2. How to produce a paving stones?
3. Different types of productions of paving stones?
4. Different forms of paving stones?
5. Properties of paving stones?
5. Techniques of paving stones?
6. How to install a paving stones?
1.5 LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
Paving stone design has really helps in pavement design, and
generally sounds to beauty of some specialized area in surface design
such as drive way, pools, patios, e.t.c. but still affected by some
areas which is not perfectly monitored, the constructing project was
limited with the following things.
- Poor project manager
- Incompetent Engineers or builders
- Insufficient and imperfect research work (iv)Limited equipment (v) Lack of discipline