TO INSTALL ASP.NET APPLICATIONS
By using IIS Manager known as Internet Information Service Manager, it is a web development
platform on windows by which we can install and execute asp.net files. IIS
Server makes it easy for
programmers to run their web app with ease without going to configure or to
start it for processing. Follow the steps below to get started:
1: Software Requirement
ASP.net Application is fairly simple. It only requires 2 steps. Please make
sure your server meets the following requirements:
WAMP Server/ XAMP
Server Database or any MYSQL database that runs with apache and MYSQL services.
Internet Information Service
Manager (IIS) Manager which will be shown to you on how to install it.
Step 2: Installing the Server side
1. Install IIS Manager if you do not have IIS
2. Just Go to Control Panel.
3. Navigate your pointer to uninstall program.
4. By the left of Uninstall Program, click Turn
off/ on Program Features .
5. In the dialog box Tick Internet Information
Services (Ensure that every component in the Internet Information Services are
6. Click OK to install. You have to wait until
everything has been installed.
7. Install WAMP Server or WAMP Server database or any MYSQL
database in your System.
8. Restart the PC.
Step 3: Setting Up the Server Side
1. Run WAMP Server or XAMP Server database or any
Change the port of
Apache to 8081 and then run Apache services and MYSQL services.
Restart the PC again.
Open your web browser
and type the following link in each tab and then you will notice the changes
made: “localhost/” and “localhost:8081/”. The “localhost/” you type takes you
to the default IIS Page while the “localhost:8081/” takes you to the WAMP or
XAMP server page.
Step 4: Saving asp.net
Extract the zip file
that contains asp files to folder.
Start IIS Manager by
pressing Start button + R as shown below, then type “inetmgr” and click ok.
On IIS Manager, Please
right Click on the folder named Sites and select Add Websites (which is in the
connection pane by the left of the program).
4. On the dialog box, Type in the site name.
5. Select the path to which the extracted folder of the poll is
located (ensure that the files are inside the folder path).
6. Select and Change the Application Pool to “DefaultAppPool”.
7. Change the port to “3232” (You are free to change the port to
the one you can easily remember but must be up to four digit number and must not
be the same port with other applications are using).
8. Click OK.
9. Restart the PC again.
Step 5: Running the asp.net Script
the database files MYSQL database.
open your browser. Type localhost:3232/ in the address bar to
run the project